- Midwives@ethiopia deliver effective, evidence based training courses to midwife tutors and midwives in Southern Ethiopia. Trustees and guests travel to Ethiopia twice a year to provide onsite training with our partners. The courses include emergency skills training and teaching methods, as a huge emphasis is placed on sharing skills and knowledge. The course intends to complement the current Government led midwifery training and introduce simple effective teaching aids that midwives can use in their work settings.
- We also deliver training to Health Extension Workers (HEWs). Maternal health has improved greatly over the last decade in Ethiopia due to the government led introduction of Health Extension Workers. HEWs are usually nominated by their community (and therefore trusted and well respected) and are based in a simple Health Post in very rural areas. Their role is vast and covers health promotion, vaccines, family planning and all aspects of maternal health. Midwives@ethiopia train 400-600 HEWs a year offering intense two day training programmes covering clean and safe delivery, referal to health centres and helping families prepare for birth.
- Midwives@ethiopia aim to deliver free, research based, culturaly respectful and appropriate training courses in rural areas to improve maternal health and neonatal outcomes.
We welcome any support you can offer. If you would like to fund raise for us, sponsor one of us, donate or help in anyway at all we would be very pleased to hear from you.
All the money raised goes directly to buying simple, effective teaching equipment and running effective training courses for midwifery tutors, midwives and health extension workers in Southern Ethiopia.
- MANY THANKS to those raising money for ...
- Midwives@Ethiopia had a fantastic 2 week visit ...
- The Cardiff Midwifery society are holding a hor...