Monitoring and Evaluation
Midwives@ethiopia are committed to working closely with our partners in Ethiopia to ensure that the training courses we provide are useful, appropriate, culturally respectful and research based. With training and ongoing support from Wales For Africa Community Links we have developed a comprehensive policy for monitoring and evaluating the work we do.
Our methods include
- Video diaries/ story telling
- Pre and post course evaluation forms in both English and Amharic
- Case studies
- Quantitative data (numbers of HEWs in the area/numbers trained etc)
- Focus groups
- Interviews (semi-structured and also informal)
- Individuals from the community in Wales/ UK attending trips to observe and offer comments/input
- Reports from other charities/ non-government organisations
- Birth records/data available
We welcome any support you can offer. If you would like to fund raise for us, sponsor one of us, donate or help in anyway at all we would be very pleased to hear from you.
All the money raised goes directly to buying simple, effective teaching equipment and running effective training courses for midwifery tutors, midwives and health extension workers in Southern Ethiopia.
- There is a fundraising event at Llanyrafon Meth...
- Llanyrafon Methodist church South Wales. Saturd...
- Over £400 was raised for midwives@ethiopia from...